Wednesday, July 8, 2009

These WILL NOT inherit the Kingdom of God...

Today as I was reading in Galatians 5, something really caught my eye. I have read these familiar verses many times yet today they seemed to jump off the page at me.

All of my life, I have been taught the Truth. I have grown up in a church that teaches Truth hardcore and I am so thankful that God has placed me in this church. If not for my church and God I don't know where I would be spiritually today...and that is such a scary thought...I can't even fathom what my life would consist of. Wow, I would be one lost soul searching for something I would never be able to find.

As I was reading a few verses really caught my attention. Right now my pastor is teaching is teaching some very basic teachings on truth, yet they are also a very vital part of the Word. He is handing out Bible studies titled "Truth On Trial" they generally take about 15-20 minutes to complete but they are so good.

Truth is something that every one must hear and at some point get ahold of. Hopefully, when we first hear truth we will take the nugget and apply to our daily walk. John 8:32 says "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free." Seems so simple doesn't it? Yet, when we are given truth and we do nothing with it, it becomes sin. James 4:17 says "Remember, it is sin to what you ought to do and then not do it." The Bible tells us certain things to do...like for instance Hebrews 12:2 tells us to-"don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you which is good and pleasing and perfect." What are we be told to do? 1. we are told to not copy what the world does or copy the behavior 2. we are told to let God transform us into a new person 3. we are told to let God change the way we think. When we do these things, we become who He has created us to be AND we have obeyed a piece of truth given to us, when we don't do as this verse tell us to we are sinning according to James 4:17.

Can't believe it took all that to get here. Galatians 5:19-21 says "When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God." That is truth. When we live with this type of sin...which it is sin any way that you look at it we will not go and be with our Creator. We will simply will inherit the lake of fire with the god of this world. I don't know about you, but that really makes me think. If I do these things, which in many places in the Bible I am told to put to death the desires of the sinful nature I will not inherit the Kingdom of God. That is the only place I want to be when I die and to inherit His Kingdom, I must take this truth and apply it to myself. If I don't I might as well just sin...and that isn't something that I am willing to do intentionally.

I hope that we all listen to the truth whether we want to hear it or not. It is a matter of life or death. I don't know about you, I would rather listen to the truth and do it then end up in hell.

No comments: